The specialist advises you – Dr. Nicholas Nunnery, President of the Federation of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases, said that in addition to weight loss or maintaining a healthy weight, we need a life-calorie diet combined with physical activity.
Distribution of adipose tissue – Degree of risk of developing obesity-related diseases is influenced by the distribution of adipose tissue. It was found that deposits of fat in the abdomen are linked to an increased risk of onset of heart disease, diabetes (type II, non-insulin) and hypertension.
You can easily determine the location by measuring your body fat at the hip. Dividing the result is the ratio between the diameter of the waist and hips, called in English “Waist / hip ratio (WHR). WHR should be below 0.85 in women and less than 1 in men.
waist diameter = 75 cm, diameter = 100 cm balances
WHR = 75 cm: 100 cm = .75
Obesity risk – Obesity is a serious disease that adversely affect the health. Is required to calculate your body mass index (BMI) frequently to avoid being surprised by the modifications. Results of a study by German researchers shows that an obese woman of 40 years, nonsmokers, lived on average 7.1 years less, and a man with similar characteristics to live 5.8 years less than those who maintain normal weight.
For those with a BMI between 29 and 34, mortality risk is 60-70% of the total percentage. If you have serious weight problems, it is recommended to lose tens of pounds to reduce by 58% risk of type 2 diabetes and to prevent death.
Here are some of the dangers threatening the obese people:
* Hyperlipidemia (increased intake of fat in the blood);
* Diabetes (type II, non-insulin);
* Increased risk of myocardial infarction or other cardiovascular disease (heart artery disease, poor circulation in the legs and stroke).
* Cardiovascular risk increases starting at a BMI of 27 (from 25 obese people under 30 years);
* Musculoskeletal problems, especially in the joints and back;
* Cluttered breath, limited mobility, back or joint pain.
In addition, there was an increased risk of various cancers. Probability of thrombosis and embolism increase with obesity.